Gratitude can change your life… And research has proven it!
Will you really be happier if you experience being in a state of gratitude? The studies say, “Yes!” And will your body be healthier if gratitude is part of your day? Yes! Your body can’t help but be stronger and more resilient when you live in a state of positive feelings and joy. And there are ways to encourage your body to get to that place of resilience.
You can check out a compilation of the studies at this website —
So many Reasons for Gratitude
I cannot even imagine not having gratitude. Every single day is a fantastic experience of being alive. All I need to do is:
- watch birds flitting around
- listen to them singing
- watch my kitties being cute
- take a walk in my garden
- take note of the signs of the changing season
- watch the sun rise above the hills, feel my breath expand as I do my energy work
- I experience my body strengthen as I do my Pilates exercises
- recognize my accomplishments of the day
- feel the joy of assisting my clients and students as they progress through their journeys towards health
- watch my animated video of the Daily Clean Your House Flow with a group of kids.
My list can go on and on.
The next step is to express that gratitude, so you’re not keeping it all to yourself! Be the joy, say thanks, and show your smile. I love blowing bubbles as I stand on my deck and look into the garden. Now that brings smiles! I write gratitude notes and put them into a special jar. I connect with special people in my life. I say: “I love you and thank you” to the people I care about. I do my best to move through my to-do list, and I say, “Well done, Deborah” with each accomplishment.
Moving through Stress
Those gratitude moments can really be uplifting when we’re going through stress. We all know those times — too much to do, too many things going wrong, life throwing major curve balls, traumatic events that have taken your breath away, hearing about terrible events that others are going through. The key to helping you get through the stress is to find a practice that lifts you up and then continues to remind your body how to experience breath and a positive state of being.
Radio Show Interview
I had the opportunity to be interviewed on Express Yourself, a radio show for teens and hosted by teens. What a fun time to chat with Jack and Joven and share ideas on how we can have more happiness, better health, and an increased sense of well-being. The show is hosted by Cynthia Brian of StarStyle Productions.
Jack and Joven were intrigued that doing self-help acupressure can make a difference in our sense of well-being. As I walked them through a few of the steps of the Daily Clean Your House Flow they were amazed how they immediately experienced expanded breath and were more relaxed. If that can happen within a few minutes, imagine what can happen if we give ourselves 10 to 20 minutes a day to do our energy balancing. And, if that can make a difference, imagine giving yourself that gift off and on throughout the day. That is indeed the beginning of a gratitude practice — giving the gift of breath, health, and ease to yourself.
Jack and Joven especially loved that I created an animated video that kids of all ages can use in schools and in their homes. They’re excited that there is an easy and fun way for youth to learn how to better take care of themselves. And that doing the Daily Clean Your House Flow can be an easy way for all of us to experience health and wellness.
Listen to the episode at the Voice America Kids Network: https://www.voiceamerica.com/episode/110626/gratitude-and-deborah-myers-wellness
Gratitude helps us feel GOOD!
- More happiness
- Better health
- Feel less pain
- Deeper relationships
- Increased sense of self-worth
- Increased productivity
- An increased long-term sense of well-being
- More appreciative
- Helps us make more friends than before
- Makes us more optimistic
- Stronger immune system
- Higher levels of positive emotions
- Brings more joy
- More compassion
- Helps us bounce back from stress
- Makes us more helpful, more trusting, more social
- Improves sleep
- Faster recovery from medical procedures
- More resilient
- Less likely to develop PTSD
- More likely to grow in times of stress
- Increases energy levels
- Encourages pro-health behavior like exercising
- Encourages our paying attention to health risks
Gratitude Makes the World Go Round
When we are in a state of gratitude we discover our optimistic self. And the people in your life will notice. Help your body become healthier, stronger, and more resilient by walking around filled gratitude.
I would love to hear about your practice of gratitude. Share your comments on my new Facebook page:
Latest posts by Deborah Myers (see all)
- Bringing the Light into the Season - December 7, 2018
- Gratitude can change your life - November 19, 2018
- Getting Your Breath Back with Easy Self-Help Acupressure - September 18, 2018